Zinio Edition - Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the Zinio digital format, and how is it different from the print format?
Does the digital format contain everything in the print format: articles, photos, and advertising?
What application will I use to read my digital magazine?
Will the free Zinio Reader work on my computer?
How do I get my digital issues?
Do I need to be connected to the Internet to read my magazines?
Can I read my digital magazines at work and at home?
Can I run a keyword search on a particular subject?
Can I mark up my digital magazines the way I do with the paper version?
Can I share my digital magazines with friends and colleagues, like I do with the print version?
Will back issue archives be available? Is there a charge to access them?
Why do you need my email address?
Are single copies and back issues available?
Who can I contact with additional subscription-related questions?
We've partnered with a company called Zinio to provide our magazine in a digital form with the same layout, text, and advertisements as the print version. Zinio magazines offer a paper-like reading experience, as well as many advantages possible only with digital, including:
- Immediate subscription starts. Get your first issue right away, rather than waiting several weeks for your print version to arrive.
- Automatic delivery of every issue directly to your computer via the Internet as soon as it is published, often before you would receive your magazine through the regular mail.
- The ability to read your magazines anytime, anywhere - even when you're offline.
- A hyperlinked Table of Contents that takes you directly to the articles, features, and sections of most interest to you.
- Quick links to advertisers' sites and additional editorial content on the Web.
- Keyword search that helps you find a topic or name in seconds - across all issues on your computer or in our online store.
- The ability to highlight text and add "Post-it"-like notes on a magazine's pages.
- A "Send to Friend" feature that allows you to share free digital copies of your magazines with your family and co-workers.
- Paperless archiving. Keep back issues on your computer for fast reference and easy storage.
Yes, the digital format offers you the same great content, and the same great design as our print magazine. You won't miss a single article, photo or advertisement.
Zinio has developed a software application called Zinio Reader. When your first digital issue is available, you'll receive an email notification from Zinio. As you download the first magazine, you'll also be guided to register with Zinio and download the free Zinio Reader software.
Zinio Reader is designed to work with almost every computer and mobile device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It is compatible with iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
When you install the Zinio Reader, you will also create an account with Zinio. Zinio will notify you by email when each new issue of your subscription becomes available. Zinio Reader also has a "Delivery Manager" feature that will download your issues automatically. You can retrieve them manually if you prefer.
No, you only need to be connected when you download your issues. After that you can take your computer anywhere and read your magazines offline. Of course, certain features such as hyperlinks in articles and advertisements, or "Send to Friend," require an Internet connection.
Of course! You can install the Zinio Reader on two (or more) computers, and then download your digital issues to your desktop at work and at home, for convenient access anywhere. Your magazines will be saved on your hard drive so you can read them any time - even offline.
Yes, you can. You can search across all your magazines for a word or set of words, making it easier to find that article you remember reading last month.
The Zinio Reader has highlight and note features that mimic the way we use paper magazines. Highlight key passages that you want to return to, or jot yourself a reminder about a product of interest that you want to research, or an event you want to attend.
Absolutely. Zinio Reader has a "Send to Friend" feature that lets you invite friends or colleagues to download their own free copy of your magazines.
Each issue you receive is stored on your hard drive in a "Digital Magazines" library for your own easy access and archiving. If you ever accidentally delete your magazines, you can download each one up to three times at no additional charge from Zinio's Web site at http://www.zinio.com. There may be additional back issues for sale at http://www.zinio.com. Issues beyond what you find there are not currently available in digital format.
You can buy our latest issue at http://www.zinio.com. There may be additional back issues for sale on Zinio's Web site.
For additional help, go to www.zinio.com/help.